Customers may be asked to pay a deposit to establish service. The amount of your deposit is determined when you apply for service. Wabash Communications CO-OP reserves the right to perform a credit check for all services prior to installation. A deposit may be applicable based on credit check.
Installation rates will vary with the needs of your service. There are many steps involved in installing your phone service, but not every customer needs each step. The amount of work needed to install phone service for you will depend on the type of facilities and service you want.
You Will Be Billed For Charges In Your Service
All changes, except termination of service, and disconnection of certain options, require a service charge. The amount you are charged depends on the type of change requested. Consult your service representative for different services.
How, When And Where To Pay Your Bill
Your payment due date is at the top of the first page of your bill. Your payment is considered late if we receive it after that date. You may pay in person at the business office or place your check or money order in an envelope and drop it in the night deposit box located on the front of the building at the business Office.
You may pay your bill by mail. A return envelope is included with each monthly bill to make paying by mail as easy as possible. Please allow several days for your payment to reach us. Please put your check or money order (with your telephone number written on it) and the payment stub in the envelope provided.
You can pay your bill at the local service office or at any of the following banks:
How You Are Billed
Charges for local service and equipment are billed one month in advance. Toll charges are billed usually one month in arrears.
Pay The Bill On Time, So Your Service Will Not Be Disconnected
If your payments are not received by the due dates, or you do not meet your mutually agreed upon payment arrangements, your services may be disconnected.
Error On Your Bill
If you have a question on your bill, call your local service representative. Explain the possible error to the representative who will help you. If the error cannot be resolved, please pay the undisputed charges on time so you’ll maintain a good payment record while the problem is being investigated.
How To Get Your Service Restored
All past charges must be paid before your service can be reconnected, and you will be charged a restore fee. You may be asked to pay a deposit.
Wabash Communications reserves the sole and unconditional right to immediately and without prior notice to Customer refuse, suspend or terminate Internet services to anyone and to remove any material or information that in Wabash’s sole discretion violates this Acceptable Use Policy, regardless of Customer’s or any User’s knowledge or intent of such violation.
Violations of these policies may result in immediate termination of Access.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202)720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442
(3) email: email@example.com
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
Wabash Independent Networks, Inc
1. Lifeline Service includes the services and functionalities enumerated by the F.C.C.
2. The Company’s Broadband lifeline plan includes unlimited usage.
3. Wabash Independent Networks, Inc supports and follows the guidelines set forth by the FCC and the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC). Individuals are eligible if they participate in one of the following programs:
a. Medicaid Program
b. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program ( Formerly Food Stamps)
c. Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Program
d. Federal Public Housing Assistance Program e. Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension f. Household Income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines
4. WIN will require a deposit from all customers with a proven history of late payments and all customers who are unable to establish credit.
5. WIN offers the same service options for all customers it serves. The Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) mandated federal credits of $9.25 be applied towards qualified subscribers Broadband bill.
6. Other Internet services can be provided with the Lifeline Service at applicable rates and charges.
To get more information:
Call Wabash Independent Network’s Business Office at 1-800-228-9824
Acceptable Use Policy:
1. Advertising may not be “broadcast” or otherwise sent on an intrusive basis to any user of any network. Advertising may be posted in USENET news groups, applicable commercial advertising directories (if any), or e-mailed to any user or user mailing list that has requested such advertising.
2. Transferring commercial traffic, as well as research and educational traffic, is an acceptable use so long as such use is acceptable to all interconnected networks along the entire route, from source to destination.
3. It is not acceptable to use Wabash Communications’ internet service for illegal purposes.
4. It is not acceptable to use Wabash Communications’ internet service to transmit threatening, obscene, objectionable, or harassing materials.
5. It is not acceptable to use Wabash Communications’ internet service so as to interfere with or disrupt network users, services, or equipment. Disruptions include, but are not limited to, distribution of unsolicited advertising, propagation of computer “worms” and viruses, using the network to make or attempt to make unauthorized entry into any other machine accessible via the network, and sustained high volume network traffic which substantially hinders other customer’s use of the network.
6. Information and resources accessible via Wabash Communications’ internet service and all interconnected networks are proprietary to individuals and organizations which own or hold rights to those resources and information unless specifically stated otherwise by the owners or holders of rights. It is not acceptable to use Wabash Communications’ internet service to access information or resources unless permission to do so has been granted by the owners or holders of those resources or information. Placement of files, resources, or information into a computer directory structure accessible via ‘anonymous ftp’ or a published public TELNET account grants defacto permission for access to all network users.
7. Wabash Communications maintains full ownership of the equipment. Individuals terminating service will be charged $165.00 for IPTV set top box, $295.00 for IPTV DVR set top box, $225.00 for cable HD receiver, $325.00 for a cable DVR receiver, $100.00 for router, $125.00 for digital cable box, $325.00 for ONT/gigacenter, $115 for Zyxel Gateway Router, $80.00 for the modem, $44.95 for the 5 port switch, and $50 for the 8 port switch plus applicable sales tax. Credit will be given upon return of equipment to Wabash Communications offices.
8. It is not acceptable for changes in the equipment configuration to be made by anyone other than a Wabash Communications employee.
9. Wabash Communications reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time.
10. Wabash Communications is a TV and Internet service provider only. We are not responsible for the content in the programming or the content found on the Internet.
Passwords are the customer’s responsibility; it is intended for the signed customers use only. Any abuse of misuse of the password may result in your account being disconnected from Wabash Communications. Wabash Communications will review alleged violations of applicable Acceptable Use Policies on a case-by-case basis. Violations of these policies may result in immediate termination of access.
Agreement: Customer’s signature below and/or use of the Services shall represent Customer’s formal acceptance of and agreement to abide by The Acceptable Use Policy and the Terms and Conditions (where applicable) located at www.wabash.net. I understand that speeds are quoted as “up to” speeds and are not guaranteed as many things impact actual speeds i.e. loop distance, signal strength, your computer, network congestion, etc.
Billing: Monthly charges are due on the 28th of each month. A $15.00 late fee will be applied to the account when payments are not received by due date. All installation fees are nonrefundable. When altering your existing monthly packages, fees may apply in order to accommodate changes to services. Each customer is allowed one downgrade of TV service offerings in a one year period; a $5 downgrade fee will apply toward any additional downgrades during that time frame. A $50 fee will apply if Wabash Communications is responsible for retrieving equipment a customer has the second or any additional times during a one year period. The Applicant grants permission for Wabash Communications to coordinate the services that each company provides, including, but not limited to, permission to credit one company’s customer credit refunds toward outstanding balances in either of the other two companies.
Overdue Account: I agree if my account is overdue or in default, wabash can use any information i have provided to collect on overdue amounts.
Credit Check: I authorize and permit Wabash Communications to perform a credit check on me from a credit reporting source. I further authorize Wabash Communications to obtain updated information on future occasions if my account is ever reconnected after a disconnection of services. I also understand that any disconnection of services that leads to an uncollectible account will also be reported to the credit reporting source.
Early Termination Fee: I agree to subscribe to services marked for the service term on this agreement. The Term commitment is not a price guarantee and rates may be adjusted from time to time upon advance written notice, it is recognized that Wabash Communications has made substantial investment in facilities to your home/business with free installation in exchange for this Term. If I am unable to fulfill the Term of this agreement, I am subject to an early termination fee 1 Year = $150 or 3-5 Year equal to the package price times the months remaining on the Service Term plus install fee. With proof of moving there will be a cancellation fee of half of the termination fee and this service agreement will become null & void. Upon your death, this service agreement will become null and void. All other cancellations will be handled on a case by case basis.
Equipment: I acknowledge and agree that I shall immediately return Wabash Communications’ equipment upon termination of the services or at anytime upon Wabash Communications’ request. I understand that surge and firewall protection are my responsibility and I agree that I will be responsible for any and all damages or losses.
I acknowledge I have read and accept the Terms & Conditions with the Acceptable Use Policy.
I acknowledge I have read the Preferred Long Distance Carrier Letter of Agency and have chosen my carrier.
I acknowledge I have received and read the Backup Power Information document.
I acknowledge I have read the Local Number Portability Authorization document and give authorization for Wabash Communications to port my number.
I give Wabash Communications permission to place a fiber pedestal on my property and a fiber drop to my home and/or place equipment on my home.
I agree to all the terms and conditions of the above documents/statements.