CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Customer Service Representative
Wabash Communications was established in 1952 and is located in South-Central Illinois. We offer our members and customers local and long-distance telephone service as well as high-speed broadband services. As a company we provide innovative products and legendary service in our market, with consistent and robust growth in our pipeline and are committed to giving back to our community.
Wabash is seeking a highly motivated individual focused on quality customer service to join our team to fill the position of Customer Service Representative.
Serves as primary point of contact for new customers. Assists customers with billing inquiries, new service requests, upgrades and disconnects. Completes paperwork for service applications and disconnects. Sells and promotes services of the company while dealing with new and existing customers.
- Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions while promoting both.
- Open and maintain customer accounts.
- Resolve product or service problems, working with customers to diagnose and troubleshoot hardware, software or service-related problems.
- As necessary, and in a timely manner, escalate unresolved technical problems to the appropriate staff.
- Monitor and dispatch trouble tickets and service orders to meet current quality standards.
- Verify and provision services and switches required to activate, suspend or deactivate services.
- Generate, process, dispatch, monitor and close trouble tickets and service orders.
- Administer customer user accounts and services (i.e., Email, Internet, Video/TV, and Billing services).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- However, this individual must be able to float between our several office locations as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Our ideal candidate is personable, positive, professional, upbeat and energetic.
- Communication skills are key: must demonstrate excellent listening, empathy, tact, diplomacy and successful two-way conversation.
- We work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple, challenging tasks and demands with strict attention to detail, is a must.
- Resourceful, roll up the sleeves attitude. The successful candidate must take initiative to resolve problems, seek answers independently, and enthusiastically persist until goals are achieved.
- Experience trouble shooting and working with database records systems is preferred.
- Actively participate in a team environment that fosters forward-thinking, innovation and creativity in order to meet the needs of the company today and in the future.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures with proven written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate various office equipment including computer, laptop, copier, MS Windows, MS Office and various other programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver License
- Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Competitive Wages
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Wabash Service Employee Discounts – if living in service area