Department: Outside Plant
Location: Louisville, IL
The Combination Technician installs, tests, and repairs communication equipment, maintains our high-speed internet service located in the homes and businesses of our customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The technician duties will include but are not limited to.
- Must have the ability to climb heights, lift up to 60 lbs. and climb onto ladders for field work and installations
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Work with tools and supplies necessary to complete tasks
- Install, repair and troubleshoot all network equipment in the field and at customer’s premise.
- Communication Skills: Technicians will speak with customers, supervisors, and co-workers so the ability to understand instructions and communicate effectively will benefit greatly.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers in the troubleshooting of hardware and software problems.
- Document customer interactions through detailed comments noted on customer accounts.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Some intensive manual labor may be required during field installations
- Will work directly with other technicians towards common goals
- A certain degree of creativity and self-motivation is required for this position
- Willing to become a certified tower climber (training provided)
- Must be able to service orders and trouble reports.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and business contacts.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel and crawl to perform installations.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc. Good working conditions; may involve occasional exposure to some of the elements listed above.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Wabash Communications is an equal opportunity employer.