Demonstrate excellent customer service in dealing directly with subscribers and the public
• Provide light construction oversight, operation & maintenance of voice, data, and IPTV lines
• Install, maintain, and repair customer premises equipment. Install drop wires, network interface devices, FTTH equipment, and performs installation wiring or rewiring for new and existing subscribers.
• Conduct locates of buried fiber cables
- Install and troubleshoot voice, data, and IPTV services
• Demonstrate exceptional communications, customer service skills, technical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to effectively operate tools necessary to perform job duties.
• Work independently in remote locations
• Terminate, splice, and test fiber optic cables
• Perform site surveys for upgrades and new installations of hosted PBX systems
• Participate in On-Call rotations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• A self-starter and a quick study.
• Ability to operate hand tools and perform professional cabling installations.
• Working knowledge of Windows-based personal computer equipment, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Work independently in the absence of supervision and in a team environment.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• The physical demands of this position require standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, walking, the ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Individuals must demonstrate a positive attitude in a rapidly changing industry.
• Ability to work a schedule of 8-hour days and 40-hour weeks with occasional overtime.
- The position will be subject to on-call rotation.
Desired Education and Experience
• Knowledge and skills usually acquired through two years of technical training or equivalent experience.
• Calix E7 Platform
• Microsoft Office Application Suite
• Residential networks/home entertainment technologies