We are looking for a skilled Accountant to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, and financial tasks. You would be responsible for preparing and completing bank reconciliations, general ledger journal entries, and account reconciliations for all entities in a timely and accurate manner. A successful accountant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
- Cash deposits and cash transfer entries
- Entering and processing of Accounts Payable for all entities.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Preparing Monthly Reports for Board of Directors
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Back-up for the preparation and processing of semi-weekly payroll. Prepare all required payroll tax and benefit expense reconciliations. Prepare monthly and quarterly payroll and benefits journal entries.
- Strong working knowledge of full-cycle payroll and accounting transactions. Knowledge of accounting principles and their application to accounting transactions.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure transactional accuracy. Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines. Ability to work independently as required.
Sound understanding of general ledger functionality required.
- Position requires good oral communication and organizational skills and the ability to analyze and summarize large amounts of data, meet deadlines and detailed oriented. Practical knowledge, skills & abilities usually acquired through an undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting and a minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience.
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize tasks
- Ability to communicate with vendors and colleagues effectively
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Highly skilled in using Excel.
- Ability to Multi-task
- Ability to forecast and budget.
- Full-time – Salary
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1-3 Years (Preferred)
You can send your application to email@example.com or mail it to 14415 US HWY 45 Louisville, IL 62858. If you have any questions, please call 618-665-3311 and ask for Janice Brooks.
Wabash Communications is an equal-opportunity and employer.