Local Services

Browns 446
Louisville 665
Cisne 673
Xenia 678
Bible Grove 686
Orchardville 835
Mt. Erie 854
Geff 897
Crisp 898

To receive Local Telephone Service a $10.00 Membership Fee is required plus a signed membership application.*

Wabash Communications CO-OP is a not-for-profit corporation formed under Illinois law in Louisville, Illinois, April, 1952. It provides local exchange service in areas of Clay, Edwards, Effingham, Jasper, Marion, Richland, Wabash and Wayne counties. It’s members are represented by nine directors. The cooperative’s regular board meetings are held the second Thursday of each month and its annual meeting the fourth Thursday in April. Wabash has nine exchanges.

For your protection, every telephone company employee carries an identification badge with a picture and the employee’s name and identification number. Contractors working for the telephone company also have badges that state their affiliation with us.

Copies of our rules and regulations and schedules of rates are available at our service office and are open to public inspection.

The telephone company reserves the right to and may, at its discretion, change the customer’s telephone number.

For customers disconnecting from any of our exchanges that wish to have their new number announced. The charge for this service is $5.00 per month. The customer may specify number of months they want the announcement to run.

Your name will automatically be added to our white pages when you have a phone installed unless you ask for an Unlisted Number. You can add other names or phone numbers if you wish:

Are for other people in your household with different names.

Can put your name as well as your business’ name in the White Pages.

Give another phone number for after-hours calls or if there is no one to answer at the first phone number.

Every effort is made to make the directory as accurate as possible. If an error occurs, please advise the service office so the listing can be corrected in future directories.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202)720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.

Spanish Translation

De acuerdo con la ley federal de derechos civiles y las reglamentaciones y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de Estados Unidos (U.S. Department of Agriculture, USDA), se prohíbe al USDA, sus agencias, oficinas y empleados, e instituciones que participan o administran los programas del USDA, discriminar por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, religión, género, identidad de género (incluidas las expresiones de género), orientación sexual, discapacidad, edad, estado civil, estado familiar/parental, ingresos derivados de un programa de asistencia pública, creencias políticas, o reprimendas o represalias por actividades previas sobre derechos civiles, en cualquier programa o actividad llevados a cabo o financiados por el USDA (no todas las bases se aplican a todos los programas). Las fechas límite para la presentación de remedios y denuncias varían según el programa o el incidente.

Las personas con discapacidades que requieran medios alternativos de comunicación para obtener información sobre el programa (por ej., Braille, letra grande, cinta de audio, lenguaje americano de señas, etc.) deberán comunicarse con la Agencia responsable o con el Centro TARGET del USDA al (202) 720-2600 (voz y TTY) o comunicarse con el USDA a través del Servicio Federal de Transmisiones al (800) 877-8339. Asimismo, se puede disponer de información del programa en otros idiomas además de inglés.

Para presentar una denuncia por discriminación en el programa, complete el Formulario de denuncias por discriminación en el programa del USDA, AD-3027, que se encuentra en línea en http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, o en cualquier oficina del USDA, o escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncias, llame al (866) 632-9992. Envíe su formulario completado o su carta al USDA por los siguientes medios:

(1) correo: U.S. Department of Agriculture,

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights,

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; o

(3) correo electronico: proqram.intakeusda.qov.

El Departamento de Agricultura de Estados Unidos (USDA) es un proveedor, empleador y prestador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.

Wabash Communications now offers qualified customers Lifeline service on their
broadband service. Lifeline is a non-transferable, federal benefit that makes monthly
voice or broadband service more affordable. The program is limited to one discount per
household. Eligible households may apply the monthly Lifeline discount to either
broadband service (home or wireless) or voice service (home or wireless) but not both.
Lifeline customers also have the option to apply the discount to a service bundle, such as
home phone and home internet. The Lifeline voice service also includes toll blocking to
qualifying customers without charge. The current discount provided under the Company’s
Lifeline service is $9.25 per month for each month that the customer qualifies.
A household is eligible for the Lifeline discount if the customer’s annual household income
is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines. You may also qualify for the Lifeline
program if a customer, a dependent, or the customer’s household participates in one or
more of the following programs:

  • Medicaid
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
  • Supplemental Security Income;
  • Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
  • Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit.

Please call Wabash Communications if you have any questions.

  • To establish new or to transfer residential phone service, please call your local service office.
  • To establish new or to transfer business phone service, call or visit your local service office.
  • To enable us to process your order to establish phone service, we will need to know your complete address and how you want to be listed in the directory. We also need to know about previous telephone service in your name, and other credit information. We will ask for identification, and a number where you can be reached either at work or through a friend or relative until your service is established.

Installation rates will vary with the needs of your service. There are many steps involved in installing your phone service, but not every customer needs each step. The amount of work needed to install phone service for you will depend on the type of facilities and service you want.

Customers may be asked to pay a deposit to establish service. The amount of your deposit is determined when you apply for service. Wabash Communications CO-OP reserves the right to perform a credit check for all services prior to installation. A deposit may be applicable based on credit check.

All changes, except termination of service, and disconnection of certain options, require a service charge. The amount you are charged depends on the type of change requested. Consult your service representative for different services.

Charges for local service and equipment are billed one month in advance. Toll charges are billed usually one month in arrears.

Your payment due date is at the top of the first page of your bill. Your payment is considered late if we receive it after that date. You may pay in person at the business office or place your check or money order in an envelope and drop it in the night deposit box located on the front of the building at the business Office.

You may pay your bill by mail. A return envelope is included with each monthly bill to make paying by mail as easy as possible. Please allow several days for your payment to reach us. Please put your check or money order (with your telephone number written on it) and the payment stub in the envelope provided.

You can pay your bill at the local service office or at any of the following banks:

  • Xenia – First Community Bank of Xenia
  • Cisne – Cisne State Bank
  • Mt Erie – Mt Erie State Bank
  • Flora – First Community Bank of Xenia-Flora

If you have a question on your bill, call your local service representative. Explain the possible error to the representative who will help you. If the error cannot be resolved, please pay the undisputed charges on time so you’ll maintain a good payment record while the problem is being investigated.

If your payments are not received by the due dates, or you do not meet your mutually agreed upon payment arrangements, your services may be disconnected.

All past charges must be paid before your service can be reconnected, and you will be charged a restore fee. You may be asked to pay a deposit.

Our equipment lease package is the most complete service available from your cooperative. We will provide and maintain quality touch tone telephones in your home or business and maintain the wiring. A repairman will repair or replace the leased equipment at no charge if you have service problems.

The cooperative maintains the telecommunication lines and related network that are outside your home or business at no additional charge to you. Members who own their telephones and equipment are responsible for maintenance of the part of the line inside your home or business. The inside line starts from the Network Interface Device (which is usually a gray box attached to the outside of your home or business) to the telephone set or other equipment. You will be billed a CPE visit charge if we come to your home or business and find a problem that doesn’t involve our facilities, such as a problem with your telephone, jacks or inside wiring. If any of these are defective, we can make the repairs for you, but you will be billed extra charges for the materials needed to make the repair. The charges you pay for basic service does not cover repairs to your inside wire or jacks. It is your responsibility to get your wire or jacks repaired if something does go wrong. The cooperative offers a wire maintenance plan to maintain your inside wire for you. This plan is available to residential and single line business customers only.

  • 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday $30.00
  • 5 p.m. – 8 a.m. Monday-Saturday $50.00
  • Holidays and Sundays $75.00

If you have a Network Interface Device, you can determine if the problem is inside or outside of your home or business. When you have a problem with your phones whether its static, no dial tone, or some other problem, take a phone, line cord, and a screwdriver outside to your Network Interface Device (gray box located on the outside of your home or office ). Open the front cover by loosening the screw. Inside is a telephone plug like the one on your line cord. Unplug it and plug in your telephone. If you still have the problem, then it is most likely on the cooperative’s network. If you do not have the problem when you are plugged into the Network Interface Device, then the problem is on your side. Be sure to reconnect the plug in the Network Interface Device.

Diagram of a Network Interface Device

  • If your prefix is 446 you may call prefix(s) 298 toll free.
  • If your prefix is 665 you may call prefix(s) 678, 686 toll free.
  • If your prefix is 673 you may call prefix(s) 835, 854, 897, 898 toll free.
  • If your prefix is 678 you may call prefix(s) 665, 835 toll free.
  • If your prefix is 686 you may call prefix(s) 665 toll free.
  • If your prefix is 835 you may call prefix(s) 673, 678, 897, 898 toll free.
  • If your prefix is 854 you may call prefix(s) 673, 897 toll free.
  • If your prefix is 897 you may call prefix(s) 673, 835, 854, 898 toll free.
  • If your prefix is 898 you may call prefix(s) 673, 835, 897 toll free.
Follow by Email