When using a mail client such as Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird, or Windows Live Mail on your own computer, you will need to make changes to your email account. This can be done in the mail program by going into tools, accounts or account settings, each mail client is different.
Open Outlook Express.
1. Go to “Tools” and then “Accounts”
- Select the “mail” tab and click on “properties” to the right.
2. Under the “General” tab
- Change to mail.wabash.net
3. Select the “Servers” Tab
- Incoming mail should be “mail.wabash.net”
- Outgoing mail should be “mail.wabash.net”
- Account name should be complete email address. You will need to add wabash.net (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Uncheck the box “Log on using secure password authentication”.
4. Click the “Advance” tab
- Change Outgoing port from 25 to port 587
- Check the box “the server requires secure connection (SSL)”
- Change Incoming port setting from 110 to port 995
- Check the box “the server requires secure connections (SSL)”
- Click applies and Ok
5. Close and restart your computer.
Open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
1. Go to Tools
- Select accounts or account settings
2. Click on your email address and hit change or double click on your email address.
- Connection type: POP3
- Change incoming and outgoing mail server to mail.wabash.net
- User name needs to be changed to your full email address.
- Check “Require logon using Secure Password authentication,”SPA”
3. Click on “More settings”
4. Click on the “outgoing mail” tab
- Check the box “my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. And make sure “use same settings as my incoming mail server is checked.
5. Click to the “advance tab”
- Change incoming port setting from 110 to 995
- Check “the server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
- Change outgoing port setting from 25 to 587
- Click the drop down box next to “use the following type encrypted connection” select “TLS”
- Click ok and it will return you to Internet E-mail Settings
6. At this point , you can test account settings to verify email settings are correct or hit next and then finish.